Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fascinated With Photos

Today my tie dye has taken second place to my camera.  I bought in a whole batch of tie dye from the clothes line intending to iron it, photograph it and try putting a photo on this blog.  However, I was tired and it was such a beautiful day that I  decided I would rather be outside.  So I went out into the chaos that is my back yard, pushed my way past the girls (my two chooks) who immediately raced up expecting to be given a hand out and roamed around looking for something inspiring to photograph.  Nothing presented itself immediately, so I plugged in the pump to the rainwater tank and proceeded to water the garden.  This created some interesting effects (drops on leaves etc.) and made me notice the large Orb Weaver spider that has taken up residence above the rosemary bush.  He is so large now (he's been there for a few weeks living high off the hog on all of the flies, bees, moths, etc. that fly into his very extensive web (couple of metres across)).  His web is gorgeous in the sunlight - it shines gold not silver.  I have taken some photos (not easy because of the angle of the sun and the bees buzzing threateningly around my knees) but not sure if they will turn out.  I then pursued the girls around the yard trying to take some good chook photos, but they are so quick I think I will have a lot of chooky blurs and chook bums (they can turn around so fast!).  I was really into my photography by then, so the camera is full of water effects, spray effects, and goodness knows what.  Still on a photography fix I came inside in time to see some interesting light effects on a glass paper weight on my computer desk.  A piece of gold xmas paper, a glass  paperweight and a torch later, I have a camera full (I hope) of interesting abstract photographs with all sorts of light spectrum effects and interesting shapes.  I was really, really getting into it when the darn camera battery ran out of juice and brought my creative genius to an abrupt end! Soooooo annoying!!!  So the battery is on charge, I'm really frustrated waiting for it to charge but a bit of luck there will soon be some interesting photos on my website.  Now,  an iron and a laundry basket of tie dye awaits me, ho hum.  Once they are ironed they will be up on my website and Artfire or Zibbet as soon as I can get them on there (never enough hours in the day, especially when you waste an hour or two pursuing reluctant chooks around the back yard!).  I hate ironing with a passion, so why I decided to pursue tie dying which involves a lot of ironing of t-shirts is really beyond me!  Been on a diet for a week and haven't lost an ounce, so to hell with it, tonight it is bacon and eggs for tea and I don't care  (oops make that burnt bacon and eggs - I think I better sign off for now).  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment