Monday 5 September 2011

Royal Show Beaded Items - A Blog For Dawnetta

Hi all

Further to my previous blog about our trip to the Royal Show, this is just a quick little addition which I've put up for those who like looking at beaded things.  I have recently been following the lovely work of  Dawnetta, a facebook friend who does some beautiful floral  beadwork. 

Once upon a time,  I would probably not have given such things a second glance but after looking at Dawnetta's work I paid a little more attention to some beaded items on display in the craft hall.

I took a few snaps of some dolls which had had beaded clothes made for them.  The show is a place where hobbyists can exhibit their work and hopefully win a first, second or third prize.  I cannot image how long it must take to make some of these things - I don't think I would have the patience!



Some of the dolls whose clothes were all made of beads

Thought this was kind of cute (I think it is a pussy cat).

Can't image how much time and patience it took to make these!



A few other beaded items which were in a different category. I rather Liked the picture in the frame.

Necklace (sorry about the reflections)


If you enjoyed looking at this and want to look at more beadwork,  Dawnettas facebook page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/MysteryJoy-Russo-Studios/124382540959241  and her Artfire artisan studio is at      http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/MysteryJoyRusso_Studios

Well that's it for the beads.   If you are going to the show the craft hall is well worth checking out.
Have a great day.




1 comment:

  1. Those are some very cool and very interesting creations ~ and yes, a boat-load of patience!

    And thanks for introducing me to Dawnetta's work.

    ReplyDelete